Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!!

Eighteen years ago today Jack & I were married in the Portland Oregon Temple. Look how young we were. What were we thinking?? We didn't have 2 pennies to rub together but we were "in love". We had met about 9 months prior to getting married at an Institute class in Philadelphia PA. A nanny job had taken me across the country and the desire for a date had brought Jack..a local boy who always knew a date could found at the local singles ward due to the high nanny population..to Institute that night. He made a point of meeting me that night by "accidentally" dropping his Hardy's (like McDonald's) bag in the hallway after class so that I was forced to stop to help pick up his stuff and introduce myself. We exchanged #'s that night and never really dated anyone else after that.
It has been an exciting, fun, and adventures time. Even after all this time Jack still makes me laugh and I love him for that. My sister Paige & I always said that was one of the most important qualities for a husband to have...of course there are other that are important too. =0)

3 comments:

Paige said...

Wow I didn't realize what slick moves Jack had up his sleeve!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! That is a long time!

Pat Blazer said...

After returning from his mission, Jack "dated" YSA girls from CT to VA, looking for his eternal companion, with no success. Most of these "dates" were one-time social interviews--he knew what he was looking for--the best of the best. After many months he found a lovely young woman who looked very promising, though I didn't feel she was the right one for him. So I prayed hard and felt to encourage him to visit her at her parents' home in Utah. He decided to follow my advice to visit, and he bought a high quality diamond to take with him. But the diamond never came out of his suitcase, and when he returned home, disappointed again, I asked what he planned to do about the ring--return it or what. He said that his wife, when he found her, would love that ring and he had bought it for his future wife, who he hadn't found yet, so he was going to keep it 'til he found her. As he said that, I saw in vision a pretty little hand wearing that diamond and being held up "just so" for me to see and the Spirit testified this was her hand. Jack didn't search then, just went to Church, to work and out with friends, and then months later out-of-the-blue he announced he was going to Institute over in Philadelphia next Tuesday, and there was a light in his eye. He came home that night to tell me about meeting a girl, and very soon he brought her home, then he went to the Temple and prayed, and soon after that (to my great joy) he proposed, and when they announced their engagement to me, she held up her pretty little hand "just so" displaying his diamond ring, and my spiritual witness was confirmed that my precious first-born had found the woman I'd prayed for since he was born. Love, Jacksmom