Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow Day #3

I woke up this morning to find more snow. At 6 o'clock this morning, when I got up to call work to let them know the I would not be in due to the weather & road conditions, there was no snow on the Tahoe. I got up for the day about 2 1/2 hours later to find this. And the weather man said no snow for today??? It continued to snow until about 11 o'clock at which point I decided to get out of the house with the dogs so I dusted off my snow boots...haven't had to use them in years...got out my heavy coat, scarf, and gloves, and layered on the clothes.
The east wind had blown the snow up against the front door. I had to push real hard on the screen door to get out. See how deep it is. The is about 2 inches between the top of the front porch and the thresh hold into the house. I was able to get this shovel but I didn't even try to shovel the walk. There is just SO much snow. I started to shovel the driveway so that Jack could get the X-Terra out of the garage to go to work but I noticed that there is a layer of ice under the snow so I stopped because I thought it might make it harder for him to get out especially since it is up hill to get out of the garage. We will have to re-evaluate one he tries to get it out.
The dogs had a good time running around in the deep snow & catching snowballs. They haven't been out too much so it was good for them to use some of the pent up energy. I was going to walk them down to the far end of the block but the snow was so deep I had a hard time walking through it. So we just walked to the neighbors boat.
This is a picture from the back yard. Notice my black compost bin & the fence are almost covered.
We were outside for about an hour while it wasn't snowing. Almost as soon as we came in it started snowing again.
There is so much snow that the city is having a hard time keeping up with the removal. The Mayor of Gresham has declared a state emergency because fire, police, & ambulances are having a hard time getting around the city.
At this rate, we will have a white Christmas. It would be our first since moving here.

0 comments: